“Worship” is a common word that is often thrown around in Christianity. But what few people realize is that there is a lot more to worshipping God than prayer, going to church, and singing praise. A large and overlooked part of worship involves sacrifice. Part of our worship is giving up things that hinder us from picking up our cross and following Jesus—becoming a disciple is an act of worship because a life of following Jesus consists of a life of sacrifice. In this teaching, “When It Hurts to Bend the Knee,” Jerry Wierwille lays out a dimension of worshipping God that cuts to the very heart of the Christian faith: worship involves sacrifice. Worship is about obeying God even when we don’t feel like it or want to. Being a follower of Christ means that we must forsake ourselves and follow him, no matter the cost.
Find us online at:
- Download our free Ministry app - http://www.stfonline.org/app
- Listen to our free audio seminars - http://www.stfonline.org/audio/seminars
- Read our free online magazine - http://thesowermagazine.com
- Listen to our free Audiobooks - http://www.stfonline.org/audiobooks
- Join our free Academy - http://www.stfacademy.com
- Donate to our Ministry - https://raisedonors.com/stfi/donate